The purpose of the Readiness Training is to inform faith leaders, prevention specialists, recovery support professionals, and other community stakeholders about the Faith Partners model and to identify and develop tailored readiness and recruitment strategies to engage clergy and congregational representatives on the Faith Partners training opportunities. This workshop is a time to see the big picture – a brief overview of the process to initiate, develop and sustain congregational teams to become a fully mature institutionalized ministry and service to the community.
At the end of the training attendees will be better able to:
- Describe the cooperative project with these key organizations;
- Understand the Faith Partners team ministry model;
- Utilize readiness tools and strategies to engage religious and community leaders;
- Recognize the importance of area coordination for the sustainability of this ministry model; and
- Initiate a plan to inform congregational and community leaders about this faith community training initiative.